Thursday, December 19, 2013

ROBERT OLMSTEAD by PATRICK CARSON SPARROW

ROBERT OLMSTEAD
"I hear and do strange things in sleep, and awake with a kind of exaltation instead of terror. I do not believe I need to wait for the full change as most have waited. If I did, my father would probably shut me up in a sanitarium as my poor little cousin is shut up. Stupendous and unheard-of splendours await me below, and I shall seek them soon. Iä-R’lyeh! Cthulhu fhtagn! Iä! Iä! No, I shall not shoot myself—I cannot be made to shoot myself!"
     
 "I shall plan my cousin’s escape from that Canton madhouse, and together we shall go to marvel-shadowed Innsmouth. We shall swim out to that brooding reef in the sea and dive down through black abysses to Cyclopean and many-columned Y’ha-nthlei, and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory for ever."
H.P. Lovecraft, The Shadow Over Innsmouth
Illustration by Patrick Carson Sparrow 


1 comment:

  1. Ah, the guy behind 100 Monsters! Love the layered look- the frame in foreground, the stained glass behind, and the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete